Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Arriving in Zadar, Croatia

After three days of travel, we finally arrived in Croatia last night. Our plane descended into Zadar as the last rays of sunshine danced on the horizon. There was just enough light to catch a glimpse of many tiny islands dotting the Dalmatian coastline. A few minutes later, as we disembarked from the plane, the warm, sea-filled air was reminiscent of a summer evening in San Diego. This place feels like home, even though I've never been here before.

Zadar Airport.
Arriving in Zadar was an exciting moment for us. We chose Croatia as a starting point for our new lives. Now we're here, and we can finally say that we've made it. At the risk of sounding morbid, if I'm suddenly struck by lightning, I can die a happy woman knowing that I'm doing what I love and following my dreams.